One of the most frequent applications within ultrasonic technology is certainly the insertion of metal parts into
Inserts as spindles or threaded bushes can be easily inserted with outstanding twist and tear strength characteristics.
In order to obtain an insertion with minimal strain and good resistance, the following rules have to observed:
- The metal parts have to be well guided. You have to foresee a centering hole with a diameter > 0.1 mm.
- The dead holes have to be about 2 mm deeper than the insert’s length to permit to receive the surplus of plasticized material.
- In order to obtain an elevated twist and tear strength, the walls around the receiving holes have to be at least 2 mm.
- You should touch the part while the sonotrode is vibrating. The descent speed has to be slow. The thrust force has to be very low.
- In order to reduce the tensile stress on the inserts, we recommend to place the insert about 0.1 mm lower than the surface of the thermoplastics.